Learn how to make Methi Mutter Malai – Popular North Indian Punjabi Recipe By Ruchi Bharani Methi Mutter Malai is a part of every north Indian menu. The combination of fenugreek leaves and green peas with flavourful masala paste and milk is simply mouth-watering. Check out Ruchi Bharani’s take on this popular recipe.
For masala paste:
grated mawa (khoya)
4 cups methi
2 tbsp ghee
50 grams grated mawa
4-5 tbsp milk
2 tbsp cream
boiled fenugreek leaves
2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
300 grams green peas
To make masala paste:
– Add the boiled onion, ginger, chillies and cashew nuts along with grated mawa (khoya) in a mixer bowl and grind them into a smooth paste.
To make the gravy:
– Heat the ghee in a pan.
– Once the ghee is hot, add the masala paste and saute it for about 2-3 minutes.
– Add the grated mawa and saute well.
– Add milk to the gravy and mix well. Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
– Add the homemade / readymade cream to the gravy.
– Boil the fenugreek leaves in hot water for about 5 minutes with a pinch of soda. Squeeze out all the water from the fenugreek leaves and add the lump to the gravy.
– Hold the lump with the spatula and keep stirring continuously for the leaves to separate.
– Once all the leaves are separated out, add the sugar, salt to taste and dried fenugreek leaves (crushed between your palm) and mix well.
– Add little water to the gravy.
– Lastly, add the green peas (mutter) to the gravy and mix well.
– The delicious methi mutter malai is ready to be served.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Sagar Bamnolikar
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/0O8xmQ
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/Kg5jGD
Share on G+ – http://goo.gl/3tosc1
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood