Learn How To Make Basanti Pulao Recipe, a Bengali Recipe of Sweet Yellow Rice from The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar only on Rajshri Food. Make this Durga Puja Special Recipe of the Traditional Bengali Pulao Recipe this Navratri at home and share with us your experiences in the comments section below.
1 cup Gobindobhog/ Basmati Rice (Washed thrice under running water and soaked for 30 minutes in warm water)
2 Cups Water
2 tbsp. Ghee
¼ cup cashew nuts
¼ cup raisins
1 tsp. Turmeric powder 2 tbsp. Sugar ½ tsp. Salt 2 bay-leaf 1 tsp. Whole cumin seeds 1 inch cinnamon stick 5 Green cardamom 5 Whole cloves 1 tbsp. Ginger, chopped 2 pinches saffron 1 tsp. of Garam Masala
– Drain the rice and marinate with turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and ghee. Mix thoroughly but lightly making sure the rice grains don’t break. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
– Heat ghee in a kadhai and add bay leaves, cumin seeds, green cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cashew nuts, raisins and stir fry until the raisins swell up a little.
– Lower the flame and add the marinated rice and mix thoroughly making sure the rice grains do not break.
– Stir fry on high flame for few minutes, add in ginger, sugar and saffron strands.
– Add water to the rice in proportion 1:2 i.e. for 1 cup of rice use 2 cups of water. – Cook on high flame for 10 minutes.
– Once the water on the surface dries up, cover the kadhai with a lid, lower the flame and cook for 10 more minutes.
– Turn the flame off and let it rest for 2 minutes. Traditional Bengali Style Sweet Yellow Rice For Durga Puja is ready to eat! BOLO BOLO DURGA MAI KI JAY!!!