Learn how to make yummy and delicious Punjabi Kadhi Pakoda A steaming hot kadhi with crispy flavorsome pakoda is an authentic Punjabi recipe. Check out chef Ruchi Bharani’s take on this signature Punjabi dish.
1 Cup Gram Flour,
4 onions, finely chopped Coriander Leaves,
1/2 tsp Carom seeds,
1 tsp Fennel seeds,
1/2 tbsp coriander-cumin powder,
1 tsp red chilli powder,
1 tbsp curd,
100 ml curd,
1/2 tbsp coriander cumin seed powder,
1/2 tbsp red chilli powder,
1/2 tbsp gram flour,
1 tbsp ghee,
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste,
1/2 tsp ghee,
1/2 tsp carom seeds,
1/2 tsp fennel seeds,
1 dry red chilli
To make the batter:
– In a bowl, add the gram flour, finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, carom seeds (ajwain), souf (fennil seeds), coriander & cumin seed powder, red chilli powder,curd and water and mix well.
– Add a pinch of the soda bicarbonate to the above ingredients and mix well using hands.
– Apply little oil onto your hands and make round balls from the batter.
– Let the pakodas fry in hot oil.
– Once done, remove the pakodas out on an absorbent paper. To make the kadhi:
– In a bowl, add the yogurt, coriander & cumin seed powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste and gram flour and whisk all the ingredients well.
– While whisking, add the water. The kadhi mix is ready.
– In a saucepan, heat some ghee,
– Add the finely chopped onion to the oil. Cook them until they are slightly translucent.
– Add the ginger and garlic paste and saute well.
– Pour the kadhi mix in the saucepan and stir.
– Let the kadhi boil for about 5-6 minutes.
– Once the kadhi is boiled, put it off the flame.
– In a small vessel, add little ghee, ajwain, sounf and a dry red chilli (in 2 pieces). Turn off the flame.
– Pour this tempering on the kadhi.
– In a bowl, place all the pakodas.
– Pour the kadhi on the pakodas and sprinkle some coriander leaves on the top.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Sagar Bamnolikar
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood