Learn how to make Coconut Rice (South Indian Style) that’s easy to make and can be packed in the lunch box or hit the lunch or dinner menu. South Indian cuisine is incomplete without the use of coconut. Coconut rice is a traditional South Indian food that is relished by all the rice lovers. Check out Anushruti’s take on this simple yet exotic and comforting coconut rice recipe.
Download the Rajshri Food App by clicking on this link:- http://bit.ly/RajshriFood_And
300 gm (1 1/2 cups) long grained,
rice or any rice of your choice,
2 1/2 cups (625 ml) water,
2 tbsp coconut oil,
2 tsp urad dal (black gram dal),
3/4 tsp mustard seeds,
2 to 3 dry red chilies, broken into bits,
1 green chilli,chopped,
1/2 tsp asafoetida,
2 tsp salt or to taste,
75 gm (3/4 cup) fresh coconut,
grated (you can also use frozen),
2 tbsp cashews,
1 tsp ghee
– Wash and cook the rice in a rice cooker or any other method of your choice with the specified amount of water. Allow to cool completely.
– In a wok, heat the oil over medium low heat and add the urad dal and mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds pop and the dal turns golden brown, lower the heat and add the chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida, salt and coconut.
– Cook the coconut on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
– Stir in the cooked rice and mix well. Take off the heat.
– Heat the ghee in a seasoning pot or a small wok, add in the cashews and stir fry until golden brown. Gently mix into the prepared rice.
Host:Anushruti RK ( http://www.divinetaste.com )
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha, Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Kishor Rai
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Get this recipe on Anushruti’s website – http://goo.gl/1emfjJ
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood