Learn how to make Orange Kheer / Komola Kheer, a traditional bengali kheer recipe, only on Rajshri Food Juicy, fresh and aromatic with their lingering, unique, citrusy taste, aroma and flavour makes Orange a fruit, which is loved by one and all. So let’s take our love for oranges one step ahead and make deliciously yummy and sweet dessert from the land on Sweetness Bengal – an traditional Komola Kheer also called as Orange Kheer.
– 2 litre Full Cream Milk (preferably cow’s milk)
– 8 tbsp granulated Sugar (adjust the sugar based on how sweet your oranges are)
– 3/4 tsp cardamom powder
– 6 juicy sweet Oranges (peeled, segmented and deseeded with the thin white outer skin removed)
– ½ tsp saffron (roasted lightly and powdered or crushed with a mortar and pestle)
– 2 to 3 tbsp Pistachio nuts, chopped for garnishing
– Heat the milk and bring it to a rolling boil over a medium flame, in a heavy bottomed wide rimmed pot or wok.
– Reduce the flame to low and thicken the milk till it coats the back of a spoon or until the milk changes it’s colour to a nice cream colour, stirring in between to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom of the vessel.
– This should take any time between 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 and half hours. Once you reduce the flame, it doesn’t require constant monitoring, although you need to watch it in-between.
– The milk should be reduced to a little less than half the original quantity. Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron powder, lower the flame and cook for 5 minutes more.
– Cool to room temperature and add the orange segments. Chill for at least 3 to 4 hours and serve garnished with chopped pistachio nuts*.
Host: Anushruti RK ( http://www.divinetaste.com )
Director: Vaibhav Dhanda
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Kishor Rai
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share this video on Facebook – https://goo.gl/QI0jFe
Tweet about it – https://goo.gl/5DM689
Share it on Google+ – https://goo.gl/ZXHZsd
Get this recipe on Anushruti’s website – http://goo.gl/vPczFA
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifo…
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood