Learn How to Make Puff Pastry recipe, from our Chef Upasana Shukla in Basics of Baking only on Rajshri Food. Make this Eggless Recipe of Homemade Puff Pastry and share your experience with us in the comments section below. HAPPY BAKING!!!
225 gms. All purpose flour (Maida)
1 tsp. Salt
100 ml. Chilled water
160 gms. Unsalted Butter
1. In a bowl, add flour, salt, water and knead a dough.
2. Keep aside for 15 minutes covered with a damp towel.
3. Sprinkle flour on the counter and knead for 30 seconds.
4. Roll with a rolling pin in rectangular shape as shown in the video.
5. Brush off the flour from the surface of the flattened dough.
6. Apply butter on the ⅔rds of the dough leaving a gap of half an inch on both the sides.
7. Fold the pastry as shown and brush off the excess flour.
8. Wrap with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour
9. After an hour, repeat steps 4 to 6 and refrigerated for 35-40 minutes.
10. After the butter has frozen up, repeat the steps 4 to 6 one more time and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
11. After that flatten the dough again in rectangular shape and fold again without applying butter and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Repeat this step again two more times. Homemade Eggless Puff Pasrty is ready! HAPPY COOKING!!!