Learn how to make dry fruits barfi in an easy and quick way What’s Holi without sweets? Relish on this simple and hassle-free dry fruits barfi and brighten up the colours this Holi with your loved ones. Anushruti’s dry fruits barfi is surely a guilt free indulgence for those who avoid sugar as this sweet dish is sugar-free.
300 gm (1 1/2 cups) dried figs
125 gm (1/2 cup packed) soft dates,
chopped fine 40 gm (1/3 cup) pistachios,
chopped 50 gm (1/3 cup) cashew,
chopped 50 gm (1/3 cup) almonds,
chopped 4 green cardamom pods,
seeds powdered 1 tbsp ghee or flavourless vegetable oil
– Line an 8” square tin with greaseproof paper. Put in a little ghee over the paper and spread it with your hands.
– Blanch the figs in hot water for 5 to 6 minutes by placing the figs in a bowl filled with hot water. Make sure that the figs are completely immersed in the water.
– Drain completely and puree in a blender or food processor.
– In a wok, add the ghee or oil and let the ghee melt on a medium flame.
– After the ghee melts, lower the heat and add the pureed figs.
– Cook on low heat for about 4 to 5 minutes by stirring continuously.
– Turn off the heat and when it cools down slightly, mix in the dates, almonds, pistachios and cashews. Stir in the cardamom powder and mix well with with a spoon or with your hands.
– Add this dry fruit mixture to the pan and press with a wooden spoon to make the surface even.
– Let it chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
– Cut into squares or diamonds. Or make into laddus. 1 cup=250 ml Makes 25 pieces
Host:Anushruti RK ( http://www.divinetaste.com )
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha, Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya Editing: Kishor Rai Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited Get this recipe on Anushruti’s website – http://goo.gl/6ItvIV Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1 For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/36b81I Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/oGublS Share on g+ – http://goo.gl/LG1ZT4