Learn how to make Dal Dhokli – Easy To Make Homemade Gujarati Main Course Recipe By Ruchi Bharani Dal dhokli is a very popular Gujarati delicacy which is made up of lentils (toovar dal) and wheat flour dumplings. It is a very satisfying and healthy one pot meal. Chef Ruchi Bharani brings you the easy to make, homemade recipe of dal dhokli.
1 cup toovar dal boiled and churned
1 1/2 tbsp. cumin seed powder
1 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
1/2 tsp. turmeric
6-8 dried kokums
jaggery to taste
1 cup peanuts
2 tbsp. ghee curry leaves
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp. mustard seeds
3 cloves asafoetida
1-2 round gorria chillis
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
1 tbsp. ghee
To make dal:
– Pressure cook 1 cup of toovar dal with some water and then churn it with a hand blender.
– Heat a little bit of ghee and add some mustard seeds, cumin seeds, few round gorria chilies, few cinnamon sticks, cloves, curry leaves and asafoetida into it.
– Add the toovar dal to the above ingredients and mix them properly.
– Put some red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander and cumin seed powder, salt and 2 cups of water into it and mix them well.
– Add a couple of jaggery cubes (as per taste) and a few dried kokum to the dal and let it boil for 7-8 minutes.
To make dhokli:
– Take some wheat flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, asafoetida, salt, ghee and water in a bowl.
– Mix all the ingredients and knead a dough.
– Wet your palm and press over the dough to prevent it from drying out and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
– Make a big ball of the dough, dust it in some dry wheat flour and roll it into a thin roti.
– Cut the roti into small square pieces and sprinkle some dry flour over them.
– Drop the dhoklis in the centre of the boiling dal, stir them well and cover the vessel with a lid to let it boil for 12-15 minutes.
– Keep stirring in between to prevent the dhoklis from sticking to each other.
– Add some coriander leaves to the dal and dal dhokli is ready to be served.
– To garnish, put some boiled peanuts, finely chopped onions and squeeze some lemon juice in it.
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Kataria
Editing: Sagar Bamnolikar
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/bt8RkY
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/eFuwis
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood