Watch how to make Moong Dal Khichadi, a healthy and easy to make recipe by Ruchi Bharani. Moong Dal Khichadi is a very popular comfort food. This basic and healthy dish has a number of variations and is equally soothing to your taste buds. Check out chef Ruchi Bharani’s take on this popular khichadi.
1/2 cup yellow moong dal,
1/2 cup rice,
100g yellow pumpkin,
1/2 cup green peas,
1 tsp mustard seeds,
1 1/2 tbsp oil,
2 cinnamon pieces,
1 red chilli,
1/4 tsp asafoetida,
1 1/2 tbsp sambhar masala,
1/2 tsp coriander and cumin seed powder,
1/2 tsp red chilli powder,
1/4 tsp turmeric powder,
salt to taste,
2 1/2 cups of water
– In a cooker, add the oil.
– Add the dry red chilly, bay leaf, few cinnamon sticks, few cloves, mustard seeds and asafoetida. Then add the chopped vegetables
– carrots, brinjal, cabbage, potatoes, green peas and pumpkin and stir well. Then add the rice and dal to it.
– Add the dry spices
– sambhar masala, coriander and cumin seed powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste and give it a stir.
– Add sufficient quantity of water so that all the vegetables get dipped into it.
– Once the water comes to a boil, put on te lid of the pressure cooker. Do not put the vent wall. Instead of that, cover that part with a small steel bowl.
– Cook the khichadi for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn off the flame and do not open the lid of the cooker for another 10 minutes.
– The delicious Moong Dal Khichadi is ready to be served.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood