Learn how to make Chana Dala Samosa Who would not love to munch on some crunchy, tasty snacks while there’s a downpour outside. Monsoon is the time for some real lip smacking snacks. Chef Ruchi Bharani brings you this delicious chana dal samosa recipe to add to your monsoon cravings.
For samosa filling:
oil 1/2 cup chana dal (soaked & pressure cooked) onion (finely chopped),
1 tbsp raisins,
1/2 tsp garam masala,
1/2 tsp haldi,
1/2 tsp aamchur powder,
1 tsp red chilli powder,
roasted cumin seeds powder,
salt to taste,
1/2 tsp sugar,
1/4 cup grated coconut,
For all purpose flour paste:
1/2 cup water,
1 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
samosa sheets/patti oil
To make chana dal:
– Soak the chana dal (gram flour) in water for about 6-7 hours.
– In a pressure cooker, add half cup of water and the soaked chana dal and pressure cook it for about 3-4 whistles.
– In case you do not have a pressure cooker, you can boil the chana dal for about 10-15 minutes, drain out all the hot water and then let it cool down completely.
To make samosa filling:
– Heat oil in a pan and once it’s hot, add the onion and saute it for a minute.
– When the onion changes it’s colour slightly, add the raisins, the pressure cooked chana dal,
– Make sure that there’s no water left in chana dal. If at all there is, then dry out the water completely.
– Add garam masala, turmeric powder (haldi), raw mango powder (aamchur), red chilli powder and roasted cumin seed powder.
– Toss the chana dal lightly, taking care that the grains do not break. – Add salt to taste, sugar, freshly grated coconuts and coriander leaves and saute them.
– Let the filling cool down completely.
To make all purpose flour paste:
– Take flour in a small bowl and add very little water to it.
– The paste is ready and will be used as a glue to seal the corners of the samosa.
To make samosa:
– Take a samosa strip (samosa patti) and start folding.
– The first fold would go a little beyond the edge and then on the opposite side, making a triangle.
– Spoon the filling inside the folded sheet.
– Then fold the remaining part of the sheet to close the opening used for filling and seal the corners with the help of the flour paste.
– Repeat the same procedure to make more samosas.
– Flash fry the samosas in a pot of oil on a medium flame for about 1 minute.
– Take them off the flame when they turn into golden brown colour.
– You can deep freeze it for at least 3-4 months and before serving, just fry the samosa again.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Kataria
Editing: Sagar Bamnolikar
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/wXgzXv
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/GVO319
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood